WDYPTW: Cult of the News - December Edition
- Bruno Cathala is working on a Kingdomino expansion involving Giants.
- Coldwater Crown: The Sea expansion announced by Bellwether Games.
- Grail Games will not be publishing Chroma Cubes. The rights to the game will revert back to designer Chip Beauvais.
- WizKids to release Letter GO! in Q1, Fungeon Party, Maiden's Quest in Q2.
- CMON to publish Antoine Bauza and Eric M. Lang’s Victorian Masterminds in 2018.
- Grey Fox to release Rising 5: Runes of Asteros in March 2018.
- Grey Fox also announced Reavers of Midgard in their email newsletter:
- "Reavers of Midgard is a single worker placement game set in the Midgard universe, designed by J.B. Howell with art by Yaroslav Radeckyi. In the game, players will recruit veteran fighters, draft viking warriors, upgrade their ships and sail off to raid villages and keeps in order to bring home the spoils of battle. Oh, and don't forget about that pesky troll, who's wreaking even more havoc on the village this time. We expect to launch Reavers of Midgard on Kickstarter sometime in the middle of 2018."
- Hollandspiele publishing more solo game in 2018.
- Plan B Games Century: Eastern Wonders will be available June 13, 2018.
- Galen Ciscell's Atlantis Rising, first published in 2012 by Z-Man Games, will be released in a revised edition in 2018 by Elf Creek Games with art by Vincent Dutrait.
- Another reprint candidate for 2018 is Wolfgang Sentker and Ralf zur Linde's Finca, with Franz-Josef Herbst promising that this new version will keep the original art and design, with the wooden pieces from the original 2009 production by Hans im Gluck. Herbst plans to include the Finca: El Razul expansion in this edition, with rules in at least German, English, and French.
- Victory Point Games launches Nemo's War: Nautilus Upgrades Expansion + Reprint and, separately, Thunder in the East.
- Sorcerer funds with over $333K raised and over 3,900 backers.
- Dawn of Peacemakers funds in the last hour of its campaign.
- Additionally, Bushido and Cartooner both funded.
- Calliope Games announces The Mansky Caper to be on Kickstarter on January 11, 2018.
- The next game that will be published by Weird Giraffe Games is Fire in the Library, designed by Tony Miller and John Prather with artwork by Beth Sobel. The Kickstarter is planned for March, 2018.
- Clinic Deluxe Edition from Alban Viard going on Kickstarter in April 2019.