MHGG #47: Social Games - Hidden Identities!
With Adrian and Zach fresh from another convention, our hosts start off the episodes with reactions from Geekway to the West and all their recently played games. Jeff got another chance to play Hit Z Road, Zach found an amazing game in Flatline, and Adrian shipped some rice in Indonesia. Afterwards, Jeff finally gets some more blood bowl goodness. In a short news and Kickstarter section, the Spiel des Jahres nominations are discussed, an update on the Games Upgrades 3.0 KS, and Heroes of Land, Air, and Sea is relaunched. Moving onto the review of the week, our hosts talk about a trio of Social games with Hidden Identities and deduction. These games include Ultimate Werewolf, The Resistance, and Secret Hitler. Are these games able to hide their wonderful goodness away from prying eyes, allowing them to be ripe for consumption? Or do the flaws of social gaming cause them to argue amongst themselves while you just find something better to do? Find out inside! A BGG question is answered, and a special live play of Win, Lose, or Banana is attempted. A Special announcement closes out the show.
00:00:28 Banter! Featuring: More PUBG, Hit Z Road, Geekway to the West, Flatline, Tramways, Brewcrafters, New Bedford, Magic Maze, The Gallerist and Indonesia
- 00:27:14 - The Bloody Minute
- 00:33:22 - Kickstarters and News
- 00:33:30 - Spiel des Jahres Nominees
- 00:38:00 - KS: Game Upgrade 3.0 Update
- 00:40:55 - KS: Heroes of Land, Sea, and Air
- 00:43:34 - Review: Ultimate Werewolf
- 01:04:45 - Review: The Resistance
- 01:22:59 - Review: Secret Hitler
- 01:46:22 - Emails, Twitter, and BGG questions
- 01:48:22 - Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
- 01:52:27 - Win, Lose, or Banana!
- 01:58:29 - Special Announcement!
Send Questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or at our BoardGameGeek Guild (#2731)!