MHGG #49: Yokohama!
Our hosts start off the the episode with some good old banter, including some recently played games. Zach ventured into unknown space in Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond the Black, Jeff built a city in Honshu, and Adrian switched a job in Grifters. After some catchup in The Bloody Minute, they move on to News and Kickstarter. In news, Asmodee goes solo on distributors, Betrayal gets a D&D skin, and Colonists tries to court to Co-Op Crowd. In Kickstarters, Catan gets an “interesting” reskin, The Component Collector pulls at Jeff’s Wallet, and Zombicide: Green Horde continues to make all the money. Next up is the review of the week, Yokohama. Does this worker movement game make all the right moves and puts you on the right tile for success? Or does it block you from doing anything strategic, leaving you to just pick some tea leaves? Find out inside! Our Hosts talk about their meetup with a listener and tease the anniversary show to close out the episode.
- 00:00:27 Intro
- 00:01:27 Banter!: PUBG Again, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong, Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond the Black, Honshu, Hocus, Grifters, Indonesia
- 00:19:46 Bloody Minute
- 00:24:49 News: Asmodee gets exclusive with Alliance Distributor
- 00:32:24 Renegade Studios picks up Raiders of the North Sea for US distribution
- 00:34:32 Betrayal At Baldur's Gate
- 00:37:26 Colonists cooperative scenario
- 00:42:50 Isle of Skye Expansion
- 00:43:47 KS: Settlers for Satan
- 00:46:23 The Component Collector
- 00:50:34 Zombicide: Green Horde
- 00:57:18 Review: Yokohama
- 01:41:08 Wrap up - Meetup with Listener