WDYPTW: Cult of the News - January Edition
New Game Announcements:
- Grey Fox announces the 1-5 player card game Multiuniversum.
- Grail Games will publish Reiner Knizia's sequel to Tigris & Euphrates, Yellow & Yangtze.
- Renegade announces Sabordage, coming in March.
- A Jurassic Park game is coming from Ravensburger in May.
- Plan B Games announces Next Move Games’ first title, REEF, designed by Emerson Matsuuchi. It will debut on June 13 at Origins and will be available at retailers shortly after. Plan B also announces it will transition AZUL to the Next Move line this summer.
- Eggertspiele announced the next title to its catalog - Coimbra. Coimbra was designed by Virginio Gigli and Flaminia Brasini, and illustrated by Chris Quilliams. Coimbra will be released on August 2 at GenCon.
- Brain Games announces Ice Cool 2.
- Gamewright teases Forbidden Sky, the sequel to Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert, from Matt Leacock.
- Hasbro is releasing a special edition of Monopoly specifically made for cheaters.
- Restoration provides an update on Fireball Island.
- Button Shy licenses Circle the Wagons to IDW, and IDW rethemes the game as X-Files: Circle of Truth and releases it through LootCrate.
- Fantasy Flight announces Realms of Terrinoth, a new sourcebook for the Genesys Roleplaying System.
- Stonemaier unveils the final expansion for Scythe - Scythe: The Rise of Fenris .
- Daily Magic Games announces Shadowvale, a new expansion for Valeria: Card Kingdoms
- Level 99 announces Collusion, the next big-box expansion for Millennium Blades. It will introduce team-play formats and include materials for a 6th player. The new expansion will feature new characters, a bunch of new card sets, and the new team mode.
- Floodgate announces 5-6 player expansion for Sagrada.
- Great Western Trail: Rails to the North, an expansion for Alex Pfister's Great Western Trail, will be released on June 13 at Origins.
- Renegade announces Clank! The Mummy's Curse, expansion to Clank! releasing in March.
- Pandasaurus teases Duelosaur Island?
Release Date Announcements:
- Plaid Hat announces that Stuffed Fables will hit retail on February 1.
- CMON announces March street date for Rising Sun.
- Plan B Games announced that Century Golem Edition will be available in retailers later this year. Plan B Games has paired with international partners to bring Century Golem Edition to retailers in North America, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, and Japan beginning around Q2.
- Inka and Markus Brands' The Rise of Queensdale, a legacy game from Ravensburger's alea brand, will release in German in March. (The English-language release is aimed at Gen Con in August.)
Other Game Tidbits:
- Grey Fox announces they will give 8th Summit's Mythos Tales a second printing with updates to fix typos/errors.
- Ravensburger to release a new version of Strike in 2018, titled Impact.
- Tim Fowers is testing a Android app version of Fugitive.
- Rising Sun accidentally names Japanese mythological monster after New Zealand man.
- A new cycle begins for Arkham Horror: The Card Game.
- Wizkids shifting Dice Masters to a non-blind product with Campaign Boxes.
- Promise of Power marks the completion of Star Wars: The Card Game.
Other Industry Tidbits:
- Game Salute forming three new board game imprints.
- Plan B Games announces the creation of the latest publishing and design studio to join its portfolio - Next Move Games.
- Deepwater Games launches its partnership with EmperorS4. They will be making four of their games more widely available in Q1 -- Herbalism, Shadows in Kyoto, Crows Overkill, and Hanzi -- with plans to expand their U.S. catalog throughout the year.
- Compass Games expands into Euro Games, hires Ulrich Blennemann as Brand Manager.
- Patrick Leder sends out update letter on Leder Games.
- Asmodee discusses counterfeiting.
- BoardGameGeek was targeted by a DDOS attack.
- BoardGameGeek and Game Trayz announce partnership.
- Renegade Games partners with Hunter’s Books.
- Funds: Spirits of the Forest, Western Legends, Everdell, Masque of the Red Death.
- Launches: The Tokyo Series, The Mansky Caper, HATE, Tiny Epic Zombies, Nemesis, The Red Dragon Inn 7: The Tavern Crew, Neanderthal & Greenland, UBOOT, Dead Men Tell No Tales: Kraken Expansion, Gentes - Deluxified, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Herbalism, Endeavor, Show & Tile, Loot N Shoot.
- Adam's Apple Games announces its 3rd game, Swordcrafters, coming to Kickstarter February 13. "In Swordcrafters, you literally build a 3D sword that you hold as you play! Your sword will be evaluated based on quality, magic, and length. For 2-5 players in 30 minutes, Swordcrafters combines edgy components with sharp game play."
- Van Ryder Games has announced a new board game they will be releasing in 2018 called The Big Score. It is a competitive game for 1-6 players where each player is a Crime Boss in a fictional city. This project is expected to be funded via Kickstarter with a project launch date of February 20.
- Board&Dice announces Page Quest: Season 1 - Mythical Artifacts, a PnP game based on moderated A4Quest mechanics with something they call an 'adventure mode'. They will be running a Kickstarter campaign, likely in February.
- Level 99 is planning an Empyreal: Spells & Steam Kickstarter launch in late February or early March.
- The relaunch of the Bad Medicine: Second Opinion Kickstarter campaign from Formal Ferret Games will be on March 1.