WDYPTW: Cult of the News, June Edition
- Deep Water Games announced that it has teamed up with EmperorS4 Games for an Engligh reprint of Hanamikoji in August.
- Quartz will be reimplemented as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: A Gemstone Mining Game, coming in Q4 from USAopoly.
- Fantasy Flight announced Heroes of Terrinoth, a Cooperative Card Game in the Realm of Terrinoth.
- Hasbro announced Axis & Allies and Zombies, a “new take on the iconic World War II strategy board game.”
- Galactic Raptor Games announced the first game they will publish is Steven Aramini's Animal Kingdoms, the winner of the latest Cardboard Edison Award.
- Renegade Game Studios announced Fireworks, the fifth dexterity game in the Renegade catalog by Aza-Chen, designer of games such as Kitty Paw, Doggy Go!, Shiba Inu House, and Circus Puppy. The game will be available beginning in September.
- Bézier Games announced One Night Ultimate Super Villains, a new standalone game in the One Night series. One Night Ultimate Super Villains will initially launch on Kickstarter on Monday, July 30th, and will ship before the end of 2018.
- Kosmos announced it will release the two-player Imhotep: Das Duell, designed by Phil Walker Harding, in September.
- Die Quacksalber von Quedlinburg is coming out in an English edition from North Star Games, most likely around October.
- Sébastien Dujardin of Pearl Games said “we are working on a reprint” of Ginkgopolis in this BGG thread.
- Alban Viard announced the first expansion for Card City XL. Card City XL Crime Expansion is a small expansion of 12 cards which can be played with 1 to 4 players in each of the already 240 ways to play CCXL.
- Plaid Hat announced two new clans -- Light and Fire -- for Crystal Clans.
Release Date Announcements:
- Tasty Minstrel Games announced the Orleans 5th Player Expansion will be available at stores on July 11.
- Pandasaurus Games announced three new games coming out in August: Qwinto, The Mind, and Nyctophobia.
- Grey Fox Games picked up Pocket Mars from Polish publisher Boards & Dice and will be releasing it at Gen Con.
Digital Board Game Announcements:
- Istanbul: Digital Edition was released on iOS and Android.
- Asmodee Digital announced it will begin publishing digital board games on the Nintendo Switch, starting with the tile-laying board game Carcassonne.
- Scythe: Digital Edition released on Steam Early Access for PC.
Other Game Tidbits:
- Starting on October 22, Fantasy Flight Games will no longer offer for sale any Android: Netrunner The Card Game products, including Android: Netrunner playmats and card sleeves.
- Wayne Dolezal brought Twixt to Kickstarter amid controversy surrounding the legal rights to the game. Designer Bruno Faidutti weighed in, saying, "Mr Dolezal, You might be legally right. I don’t know, and I don’t care. You’re morally wrong, and that’s the only important thing, and the reason why noone should and noone will buy your version of Twixt."
Other Industry Tidbits:
- Amigo announced it will open a U.S. gaming division of its own -- AMIGO Games -- in 2018.
- Dan Letzring of Letiman Games and Carla Kopp of Weird Giraffe Games are forming a joint company, Galactic Raptor Games.
- Oomba announced it has shut down the Unrivaled Tournament series.
- Capstone Games announced that Lion Rampant Imports is now their exclusive distribution partner throughout Canada.
- Funded: Villagers - Card drafting & village building for 1-5 players, Creatures & Cupcakes, Posthuman Saga, Vast: The Mysterious Manor, 1347 - The Black Plague Boardgame, Fantastic Factories, Escape the Dark Castle: The Legend Grows... Three new expansions for Escape the Dark Castle, Neta-Tanka, Trickerion – Dahlgaard’s Academy and Collector’s Edition, Supertall, Card City XL The Crime expansion, Boomerang.
- Launched: Gorus Maximus, Wreck Raiders, Getaway Driver, Planecrafters - A Fantasy Plane-Building Card Game, Tang Garden, Coldwater Crown: The Sea, Above Top Secret.
- Run, Fight or Die -- a 2014 game by Richard Launius -- is getting a refresh from Grey Fox Games, and will be coming to Kickstarter in July.
- The Kickstarter campaign for A Thief’s Fortune from Artipia Games was canceled, but is expected to relaunch this summer.
- Druid City teased Tidal Blades: Heroes of the Reef, coming to Kickstarter in September.